Subject: Re: bug#55436: [PATCH 0/3] Update public-inbox to 1.8.0

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 12:21:52 -0300

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thiago Jung Bauermann <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I'll wait a bit to see if there are more
>> comments and spin a v2 with the change.
>
> I haven’t tested it but at first sight it LGTM.

Thank you for your review!

I tried adding both libgit2 and pkg-config (which public-inbox uses to
find the library) to the package inputs, but unfortunately the resulting
package doesn't retain a reference to libgit2, so I don't think it
worked:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
popigai ⸤env⸥: ./pre-inst-env guix gc --references \
  $(./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts public-inbox) \
  | grep git
/gnu/store/afr6sh2vap4vdvj09s1q0rmcc3gl51rc-git-2.36.0
popigai ⸤env⸥: 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There's more work to be done to make Perl's Inline::C mechanism work in
Guix's environment. To be honest, I won't be able to work on that.

Would it be possible to commit these patches as they are now, and then
if someone can make public-inbox use libgit2 then that change can be
submitted as a separate patch?

-- 
Thanks
Thiago