Subject: Re: emacs-libgit tests are broken

From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 21:17:42 +0800

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

>> magit will still work with the git executable if there's no
>> emacs-libgit.
>> 
>> Any thoughts?
> I don't see any benefits in this approach, do you?
>
> [1] http://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/859957/details

I don't see any benefits on libgit implementation.
The only method supported by libgit backend is `magit-bare-repo-p`[1],
magit use git executable to do 99.9% works.

The libgit backend should be a separated package. There's
https://github.com/magit/magit/blob/master/lisp/magit-libgit-pkg.el for
it. Its quaility is poor because it's currently in POC status and the
development status has been put on hold indefinitely.[2]

[1] https://github.com/magit/magit/blob/master/lisp/magit-libgit.el#L79

[2] https://github.com/magit/magit/issues/2959#issuecomment-1112185169
-- 
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao