Subject: Re: bug#55425: ISO image's installer can't connect to guix.gnu.org

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 16:57:35 -0400

Hello,

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> Matkovsky88 via Bug reports for GNU Guix schreef op zo 15-05-2022 om
> 04:57 [+0000]:
>> Or when will GNU Guix unban russian IPs? 
>
> It's not Guix itself but rather the datacenter where the machines are
> hosted: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2022-03/msg00019.html>
>
> Greetings,
> Maxime

Indeed; while not a very satisfying situation, using a VPN may be your
best bet.  I hear there also is a mirror in China that may work for you,
although I have never used it myself.

Closing for now as there's little that can be done at the moment.
Hopefully this motivates people to pick up work on enabling peer-to-peer
substitutes via GNUnet!

Thanks,

Maxim