Subject: Re: [bug#55423] [PATCH]: gnu: Add mogan.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 13:57:29 +0200

Zhu Zihao schreef op zo 15-05-2022 om 11:21 [+0800]:
> +    (home-page "https://gitee.com/XmacsLabs/mogan")))

Appears to be a mirror for <https://github.com/XmacsLabs/mogan>.

Also, what kind of fork is this?  Is the idea to (eventually) merge the
fixes and features into upstream, or are they going separate ways, or
...?  Basically, why package the fork (which comes with some technical
and social cost) instead of working with upstream?

Not saying it's forbidden to package forks, but rather for me the
default option is to only package upstream.

> + Its goal is to customize GNU TeXmacs for everyone to enjoy it
> + fluently and develop new feature for everyone to learn and create
> + science and technology.

This description sort-of suggests TeXmacs doesn't want everyone to
enjoy it and such, which I don't think is good for relations with
upstream.  Maybe like ‘(guix)Synopsis and Descriptions’ suggests, write
about some use cases and features (that were added by the fork)?

Greetings,
Maxime.