Subject: Re: bug#55415: emacs-minimal-28.1-builder: Unknown # object: "#<"

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 23:21:38 +0200

> Re: bug#55415: emacs-minimal-28.1-builder: Unknown # object: "#<"

Unverified solution: replace this ...

    (arguments
     (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments emacs)
       ((#:configure-flags flags ''())
        `(list "--with-gnutls=no" "--disable-build-details"))
       ((#:phases phases)
        `(modify-phases ,phases
           (delete 'restore-emacs-pdmp)
           (delete 'strip-double-wrap)))))

by

    (arguments
     (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments emacs)
       ((#:configure-flags flags ''())
        #~(list "--with-gnutls=no" "--disable-build-details"))
       ((#:phases phases)
        #~(modify-phases #$phases
            (delete 'restore-emacs-pdmp)
            (delete 'strip-double-wrap)))))

in the package definition of 'emacs-minimal'.  The other package
variants of emacs would also needs this change.  The change to
#:configure-flags is probably unnecessary but I think it's nice for
consistency.

Greetings,
Maxime.