Subject: bug#55414: 29.0.50; Byte compilation error for the modus-themes

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 21:07:41 +0300

Dear maintainers,

Since commit 850074636e73509b09c28e965c1af054a84f4069, my modus-themes
no longer byte compile when installing from source.  The message is:

    Error: Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’

Steps to reproduce:

* Build Emacs with commit 850074636e73509b09c28e965c1af054a84f4069.

* git clone https://git.sr.ht/~protesilaos/modus-themes /preferred/path/to/modus-themes

* Launch with 'emacs -Q' and evaluate:

  (require 'package)
  (package-install-file "/preferred/path/to/modus-themes")

* You get the error.

The same steps on an earlier commit, such as
2b6a1c98dfba09d6922f1074047853366d26e31e, do not cause any problem.

Is there some other information I can provide you with?  I was planning
to release modus-themes version 2.4.0 and sync it with emacs.git, but
cannot do it until this is resolved.

Thank you for your time!

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com