Subject: Re: bug#55414: 29.0.50; Byte compilation error for the modus-themes

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 19:13:56 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

Please, people, be kind to each other.

We all make mistakes -- indeed, anyone can make factual statements
that are not true.  I trust that such mistakes here are usually honest
mistakes.

When you think someone else is repeating a mistake, it's useful to say
so -- in a kind way.  For instance,

  I think that's a mistake, because of XYZ.  I'm surprised you insist
  that it's true.  Why do you think so?

It's sometimes proper to suggest that a person calm down and be less
emotional, less insistent.  That suggestion is likely to be more
effective if it is said in a way that shows empathy.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)