Subject: bug#55414: 29.0.50; Byte compilation error for the modus-themes

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 18:24:18 +0000

Hello, Mattias.

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 18:53:34 +0200, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> 27 maj 2022 kl. 15.59 skrev Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>:

> > Thanks!  But you've reduced the functionality - you're removed the code
> > which handled records.  Why?  Any chance you could restore this, at
> > least until the issues around it have been resolved.

> Certainly, anything can be changed.

Then please do it.

> But records don't need to be handled there since symbols are never
> read with position inside those.

This is a poor argument.  Records are typically not read as such by the
reader.  They are created by macro expansion from cl-defstruct or the
like.  These expansions contain symbols with position.

> In other words there is no way this could affect how the code behaves,
> is there?

I may be wrong, but I think there is.  However, the burden of proof is
on your side.  Please fulfil it.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).