Subject: Re: bug#55412: 28.1; In Emacs 28.1, using ':eval' in 'frame-title-format' doesn't work properly

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 20:39:06 +0000

Hello, Christian and Eli.

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 19:58:13 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 15:45:10 -0000
> > From: Christian Tanzer <[email-masked]>

> > ;;; In Emacs 28.1, using ':eval' in 'frame-title-format' doesn't work like it
> > ;;; used to in Emacs 27 and earlier. In fact, it is completely broken, if one
> > ;;; uses a frame-parameter in ':eval'.

[ .... ]

> Thank you for your report.

> Alan, this is due to one of the changes introduced for the
> minibuffer-follows-selected-frame feature.  Specifically, commit
> 7c2ebf6 made a change in gui_consider_frame_title which causes this
> regression.  If I revert a part of that commit shown below:

[ .... ]

I have now committed the patch from Wednesday (slightly amended) to the
emacs-28 branch at savannah.  This should have fixed the bug.

Christian, if downloading the latest version from the savannah server is
inconvenient, please let me know, and I will send you the patch by email
so that you can patch your own version of Emacs 28.

[ .... ]

> Thanks.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).