Subject: Re: bug#55412: 28.1; In Emacs 28.1, using ':eval' in 'frame-title-format' doesn't work properly

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 19:03:32 +0300

> Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 15:49:36 +0000
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Suppose I want to calculate the sum of two numbers: number-1 is shown in
> > a buffer on frame-1, number-2 is show in a buffer on frame-2.  I start
> > typing M-: (+ on frame-1 then I do C-x o, mark number-1, type M-w, C-x o
> > and C-y to yank number-1 into the minibuffer.  Then I add a space to the
> > minibuffer, type C-x 5 o to go to frame-2, mark number-2, type M-w and
> > C-x 5 o to get back to frame-1.
> 
> > Ever since, that last C-x 5 o got me to the minibuffer window.  With the
> > proposed change, that C-x 5 o will get me to the window of number-1 and
> > I have to manually select the minibuffer window to yank number-2 there.
> 
> Please try the following patch, which may solve the above problem
> without hurting the bug fix.

Thanks, but shouldn't this somehow depend on the value of
minibuffer-follows-selected-frame?