Subject: bug#55412: 28.1; In Emacs 28.1, using ':eval' in 'frame-title-format' doesn't work properly

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 17:01:43 +0200

>> When I type M-:, save the expression to evaluate from some other frame,
 >> and the subsequent yank inserts that expression into a normal buffer
 >> instead of the minibuffer, the resulting behavior does not constitute a
 >> less important inconsistency but an annoying regression.  This is one of
 >> the things that used to work "ever since".
 >
 > Can you tell more about the inconsistency you get in this scenario?
 > I'm afraid I don't follow the description and therefore cannot try
 > reproducing it myself.

Suppose I want to calculate the sum of two numbers: number-1 is shown in
a buffer on frame-1, number-2 is show in a buffer on frame-2.  I start
typing M-: (+ on frame-1 then I do C-x o, mark number-1, type M-w, C-x o
and C-y to yank number-1 into the minibuffer.  Then I add a space to the
minibuffer, type C-x 5 o to go to frame-2, mark number-2, type M-w and
C-x 5 o to get back to frame-1.

Ever since, that last C-x 5 o got me to the minibuffer window.  With the
proposed change, that C-x 5 o will get me to the window of number-1 and
I have to manually select the minibuffer window to yank number-2 there.

martin