Subject: bug#55396: 29.0.50; project-find-file don't work on a project with many submodules

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 04:03:59 +0300

On 13.06.2022 18:00, Eason Huang wrote:
>> Looking at the backtrace, it mentions "/Users/eason/.emacs.d/." over
>> and over again. So it seems like (project--git-submodules) returns a
>> list which has "." as one of its elements.
>>
>> How does that happen? Do you have a submodule entry which points to "."?
>>
> I found that it's this line `load-path = .` cause the issue. Borg need
> this line to add the vertico directory to load-path when user add a
> subDirectory to load-path. May be it is an issue of Borg?

Now that I've tried adding that locally, it indeed what triggered the 
problem. It was a bug in 'project--git-submodules', which I've just 
fixed on master in commit 915b34d280.

I think file listing together with submodules should work fine now in 
your case. Not sure about the performance though: we use one process 
call per submodule, so the overhead might get noticeable with 42 of 
them. But please give it a try.