Subject: Re: bug#55393: describe-keymap: suggest symbol at point

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 09:19:08 +0300

> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 11:18:08 +0530
> 
> [ஞாயிறு மே 15, 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > One nit for the future: please always mention the bug number, when
> > it's known, in the commit log message.  (I added it for you this
> > time.)
> >
> 
> Sorry, I keep forgetting about this.  I will make sure to remember 
> next time.
> [ BTW, there's no way to know what the bug number will be when I first
>   do M-x submit-emacs-patch, is there?  ]

No, there isn't.  (Some people first report the problem, and then post
the patch in a separate message, once they receive the response from
the bug tracker with the bug number, for this very reason.)  So for
the first submission you cannot put the number there.  However, for
the other submissions you can add it.