Subject: bug#55393: describe-keymap: suggest symbol at point

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:51:42 +0300

> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 12:05:42 +0530
> 
> > Yes, but I think a cleaner solution would be to do this kind of stuff
> > in the 'interactive' form of describe-keymap, instead of this
> > subroutine.  The DWIM-ish operation of describe-SOMETHING commands is
> > better done there, because it doesn't really belong to non-interactive
> > invocations.
> >
> > Thanks.
> 
> The 'interactive' form of describe-keymap uses this function.  I don't
> see this function being used anywhere else either.

Nothing prevents future reuse of the subroutine in another place.  I
would prefer to have this code directly in the interactive form, to be
more future-proof.  And note that the if-let form's result is not used
in any way in the rest of the code of that function, which also speaks
volumes of its being an independent issue.