Subject: bug#55393: describe-keymap: suggest symbol at point

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 12:05:42 +0530

[வெள்ளி மே 13, 2022] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:35:25 +0530
>> 
>> describe-keymap differs from other describe-* commands in that it does
>> not suggest the symbol at point which always annoyed me.  This patch
>> makes describe-keymap consider the symbol at point first.
>> 
>> [ I hope it is okay to use if-let family of macros in these files now?  ]
>
> Yes, but I think a cleaner solution would be to do this kind of stuff
> in the 'interactive' form of describe-keymap, instead of this
> subroutine.  The DWIM-ish operation of describe-SOMETHING commands is
> better done there, because it doesn't really belong to non-interactive
> invocations.
>
> Thanks.

The 'interactive' form of describe-keymap uses this function.  I don't
see this function being used anywhere else either.