Subject: Re: bug#55391: Multiple slim services

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 08:38:30 +0200

Hello André,

André A. Gomes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> The manual (see (info "(guix) X Window")) mentions that it's possible to
> add two slim services but it seems not to work.  When I tried to
> reconfigure the system it gives the following error:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> guix system: error: more than one target service of type 'slim'
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

If I understand the relevant code properly, this should happen only when
you try to extend a service type (eg. slim-service-type) with another
service, but you have multiple instances of the given service type, and
so guix system can't disambiguate between the two (it would be better if
you could manually specify that imho, but alas).  Could you post a
snippet of your config, especially the service part?

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret