Subject: Re: bug#55388: 28.1; New libraries that neither belong to a package nor provide a feature

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:45:01 +0200

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

> "lisp/emacs-lisp/shorthands.el" doesn't provide a feature and lacks
> a "Package" library header.  I think "Package: emacs" should be added.
>
> Like other files in that directory "lisp/leim/quail/cham.el" neither
> provides a feature nor is it explicitly made part of a package.  Would
> it make sense to add ("leim" . emacs) to `finder--builtins-alist'?

Are all .el files supposed to have either a Package: header or a
`provides' these days?  I wasn't aware of that...

Hm...  I see that Chong did something like that with all the preloaded
.el files in bd78fa1d544, so I guess that's true?

> Maybe another such entry should be added for the "obsolete" directory?
>
> Unlike other "epa-*" libraries, "lisp/epa-ks.el" isn't made part of
> the "epa" package and fails to provide a feature.

I think it's separate thing, but it should have a provides, so I've now
added that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no