Subject: bug#55387: 28.1.50; csv-mode: header does not align when line numbers are displayed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:52:21 +0200

Joost Kremers <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii suggested this can be fixed by doing something similar
> to what tabulated-list-mode does. I'm not sure I'll find time to dive
> into that any time soon, so I'm posting here to make sure the issue
> isn't forgotten.

I had a look at what tabulated-list-mode does, and it's a lot of code.
(And it doesn't really work well -- toggling the line numbers on and
then off again doesn't restore the column names).

I'm surprised that that's necessary -- surely
`display-line-numbers-mode' should itself fix up the header line?  That
is, there should be a header line format construct that modes can add to
the front of `header-line-format' that's controlled by
`display-line-numbers-mode'.

Eli, does this sound like a plan to you?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no