Subject: bug#55386: closed (Re: bug#55386: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 18:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#55386: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55386: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55386
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55386: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 21:58:12 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2024 14:02:59 -0400
> 
> 
> Hello :)
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> >> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> >> Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 17:36:23 +0200
> >> 
> >> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >> 
> >> >> But the change looks fine to me in any case.
> >> >
> >> > I can install now if you are okay with the above.
> >> 
> >> Sure, go ahead.
> >
> > Installed.
> >
> 
> Based on this email, and the rest of the conversation, this issue can be
> closed. Yay!

Done, thanks.

Subject: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows
From: Yasuhiro Kimura <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 00:22:44 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[How to reproduce the problem]

1. cd C:/Users/yasu/Temp
2. git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git
3. Start Emacs with 'emacs -Q'
4. Type '(check-declare-directory "C:/Users/yasu/Temp/emacs/lisp")'
   and C-j.

[Expected result]

Retern value is inserted to *scratch* buffer.

[What really happens]

*Backtrace* buffer is displayed with following backtrace information.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Opening input file" "Invalid argument" "c:/Users/yasu/ファイルが見つかりません - \"^[ \11]*(declare-funct...")
  insert-file-contents("ファイルが見つかりません - \"^[ \11]*(declare-function\"")
  check-declare-scan("ファイルが見つかりません - \"^[ \11]*(declare-function\"")
  check-declare-files("ファイルが見つかりません - \"^[ \11]*(declare-function\"")
  apply(check-declare-files "ファイルが見つかりません - \"^[ \11]*(declare-function\"")
  check-declare-directory("C:/Users/yasu/Temp/emacs/lisp")
  (progn (check-declare-directory "C:/Users/yasu/Temp/emacs/lisp"))
  eval((progn (check-declare-directory "C:/Users/yasu/Temp/emacs/lisp")) t)
  elisp--eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-last-sexp(t)
  eval-print-last-sexp(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil)
  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-print-last-sexp)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess check-declare-directory don't handle drive letter of Windows
properly.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2022-05-12 built on HALF
Repository revision: c8d7a27438b294e20ca0f8f6f1dd74d4a273dc96
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22000
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.22000.675)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Emacs --without-dbus'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY W32NOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/transient hides c:/Emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient
c:/Emacs/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides c:/Emacs/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(shadow pp mew-varsx mew-win32 mew-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line w3m-proc w3m-util mew-auth mew-config
mew-imap2 mew-imap mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop mew-smtp mew-ssl mew-ssh
mew-net mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib mew-ext mew-refile mew-demo
mew-attach mew-draft mew-message mew-thread mew-virtual mew-summary4
mew-summary3 mew-summary2 mew-summary mew-search mew-pick mew-passwd
mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime mew-pgp mew-header mew-exec
mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit mew-decode mew-encode mew-cache mew-minibuf
mew-complete mew-addrbook mew-local mew-vars3 mew-vars2 mew-vars
mew-env mew-lang-jp mew-mule3 mew-mule mew-gemacs mew-key mew-func
mew-blvs mew-const mew emacsbug magit-version yaml-mode mime-setup
mail-mime-setup semi-setup semi-def alist path-util apel-ver product
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap
sgml-mode facemenu dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok forge-list
forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs
forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub let-alist gnutls forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq
forge-issue forge-topic yaml pcase parse-time iso8601 bug-reference
forge-post markdown-mode color noutline outline forge-repo forge
forge-core forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite advice emacsql
emacsql-compiler url-http url-auth url-gw nsm magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-handlers url-parse auth-source url-vars magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
diff-mode easy-mmode git-commit log-edit message sendmail mailcap
yank-media rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ring
server ansi-color magit-mode transient cl-extra edmacro kmacro
help-mode magit-git magit-base magit-section cl-seq format-spec crm
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs dash compat-27 compat-26
compat json map seq gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gitignore-mode gitconfig-mode conf-mode rx gitattributes-mode
thingatpt cl-loaddefs cl-lib cp5022x japan-util iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev
obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 262013 11023)
 (symbols 48 26306 16)
 (strings 32 81908 2908)
 (string-bytes 1 2429996)
 (vectors 16 50644)
 (vector-slots 8 737227 23350)
 (floats 8 254 159)
 (intervals 56 758 228)
 (buffers 992 13))