Subject: Re: bug#55386: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:46:50 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure.  How much time does it take for the find/grep command to
> finish working on our lisp/ directory on your system?

Let's see...

(benchmark-run (check-declare-directory "~/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/"))

11 seconds.  Perhaps a pure-Lisp solution wouldn't be that much slower,
anyway?

(Hm...  it finds over a 100 in-tree declarations that it says are
malformed/wrong...  Perhaps somebody should have a look at that.)

> And this command is not really time-critical anyway.

That's true.

> In any case, we could use the Lisp path only on Windows, since having
> a slower command is better than having a broken command.

If we have a Lisp solution, I think I'd prefer to use that on all
platforms.  Easier to debug when there only one code path, for one.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no