Subject: bug#55386: 29.0.50; check-declare-directory doesn't work on Windows

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:21:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Why are you surprised?

Because:

> So I suspect the OP doesn't have a port of GNU Find
> on Path before the Windows program of the same name (which does
> something completely different), or maybe the version of Find or Grep
> the OP has don't support non-ASCII characters encoded in the OP's
> locale's codepage.

There's always stuff like this in Windows-related bug reports.  😀

> I wonder whether it could be a good idea to replace the find/grep
> command by something that traverses the files in Lisp, like
> dired-do-search or somesuch?  This would resolve any problems with
> file names and incompatible versions of Find and Grep.

It would be massively slower, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no