Subject: 23.1.92; Enhancement: bookmark.el should keep bookmarks sorted in ~/.emacs.bmk

From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 22:00:22 -0800

I notice that bookmark.el doesn't keep my bookmarks file ~/.emacs.bmk
sorted, but I wish it would: it would make it easier to keep that file
in a revision control system.  In particular, it would make it easier to
resolve conflicts in that file.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.92.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.3)
 of 2010-01-31 on flap
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-log-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h r d m e l i s p <return> C-s d o c SPC s C-a <return>
C-x 1 C-u C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-0
C-l C-n C-n C-n C-u C-u C-n C-p C-p n n C-v n SPC SPC
n n q q C-h v M-p M-p <return> C-M-x C-h v M-p <return>
C-x 1 C-a C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n C-M-x M-x r e e <backspace>
m e m b <tab> <return> S u b m i t SPC m y SPC n i
f t y SPC t i m e s t a m p SPC t h i n g C-c C-c C-x
b . n o <return> M-> M-< C-u C-n C-u C-n C-u C-p C-p
C-p C-M-o C-M-o * S-SPC I m p r o v e SPC E m a c s
C-a C-u C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n C-h w o r g - k i <tab>
<tab> n o <tab> <return> C-c C-k C-g C-h w o r g -
m a r <tab> <tab> e <tab> <return> C-c C-x C-k k C-x
u C-SPC C-u C-n C-n C-n C-w C-p C-p C-o C-y C-p C-p
<tab> C-c C-t C-c C-t C-x C-s M-> C-SPC C-u C-p C-p
C-w C-u C-SPC C-SPC C-u C-n C-n C-n C-y C-p <tab> C-c
C-t C-x C-s C-c C-t C-x u C-c C-v M-< C-c C-v C-c C-v
<tab> <tab> <tab> M-> C-p <tab> <tab> C-l C-u C-n C-u
C-n C-u C-n C-n C-n M-0 C-l C-x b b o o <return> M-<
C-s l e x i C-n C-h f <return> C-h v <return> C-x 1
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
CHILDREN
SUBTREE
Mark set
CHILDREN
SUBTREE
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
You didn't specify a function
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
Scanning for dabbrevs...100%

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/custom
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-inlinetask hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-vm hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-list hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mouse hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-feed hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-src hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-id hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-xoxo hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org hides /usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-w3m hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mew hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp-blocks hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-ascii hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-publish hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mac-message hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-gnus hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-faces hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-timer hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-attach hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-table hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-colview hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-jsinfo hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-docbook hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mhe hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-clock hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-icalendar hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-latex hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-wl hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bibtex hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-html hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-irc hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-compat hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-archive hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-rmail hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-footnote hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-agenda hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-remember hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-macs hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-bbdb hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-plot hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-info hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-exp hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-protocol hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-install hides
/usr/local/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-install

Features:
(shadow mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev nnheader gmm-utils mailheader
canlock hashcash mail-utils emacsbug info org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-bibtex org-bbdb org
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline
outline warnings tar-mode jka-compr ediff disp-table apropos etags
dabbrev face-remap rect psvn byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile elp
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util wdired url-http tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-history mailcap url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp
ietf-drums url-cookie url-gw url-methods url-util url-handlers timezone
vc-annotate vc-hg sql remember sort python-21 python smerge-mode vc-bzr
sha1 hex-util vc-sccs vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc bookmark help-mode view
log-view find-dired grep conf-mode newcomment compile sh-script
executable ffap tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-gvfs zeroconf url-parse
url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr dbus xml tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util netrc password-cache
tramp-compat trampver vc vc-git magit diff-mode log-edit easy-mmode
pcvs-util add-log parse-time ibuf-ext multi-isearch shell browse-url
iswitchb erc-menu erc-ring comint ring erc-pcomplete time-date pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp wid-edit erc-truncate erc-spelling flyspell ispell erc-join
erc-log erc-services erc-networks erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
thingatpt pp woman easymenu man assoc vc-dispatcher vc-svn eldoc
midnight uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload epa epg epg-config
derived autorevert rx ansi-color server cl cl-19 find-func ibuf-macs
ibuffer ido dired-x dired-aux dired regexp-opt edmacro kmacro autoinsert
time tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)