Subject: Re: [bug#55379] [PATCH 01/14] gnu: Add r-gpg.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:10:48 +0200

kyle schreef op do 12-05-2022 om 02:10 [+0000]:
> +   (propagated-inputs
> +    `(("r-askpass" ,r-askpass) ("r-curl" ,r-curl)))

Can probably be simplified to (propagated-inputs (list r-askpass)).

> +   (inputs
> +    `(("gpgme" ,gpgme) ("gnupg" ,gnupg)))

Likewise.

> +   (native-inputs
> +    `(("pkg-config" ,pkg-config) ("r-knitr" ,r-knitr)))

Likewise.

> +   (home-page
> +    "https://jeroen.cran.dev/gpg/https://github.com/jeroen/gpg")

Either https://jeroen.cran.dev/gpg/ or <https://github.com/jeroen/gpg>,
the combination gives a 404 Not Found.

> Note that some functionality depends on the version of GnuPG that is
> installed on the system.

Maybe make sure that it only invokes the "gnupg" by absolute file name
such that this isn't the case.

> On Windows this package can be used together with 'GPG4Win' which
> provides a GUI for managing keys and entering passphrases.

While theoretically Guix supports cross-compilation to Windows, I don't
see GPG4Win in the package inputs and I'd expect cross-compiling r-gpg
to Windows to fail, so I would remove this paragraph since currently
it's a bit misleading.

Greetings,
Maxime.