Subject: bug#55372: 29.0.50; edmacro-finish-edit can signal an error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 18:46:18 +0200

emacs -q:

- f3 C-n f4, to record a simple macro
- C-x C-k C-e, to edit the macro in an *Edit Macro* buffer
- C-c C-q C-f, to add a line to the *Edit Macro* buffer
- C-c C-c, (edmacro-finish-edit) will signal the following error:

    edmacro-finish-edit: Key sequence n o n e starts with non-prefix key n

Tanks and best regards.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.6)
 of 2022-04-20 built on miha-pc
Repository revision: 4714f34928c12cc9ebda7c115526db4aa87c0d51
Repository branch: tmp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Artix Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --without-libsystemd --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Edit Macro

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-macs
message mailcap yank-media rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-seq cl-extra help-mode seq
gv subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 85411 10435)
 (symbols 48 7320 1)
 (strings 32 20692 1008)
 (string-bytes 1 691670)
 (vectors 16 15879)
 (vector-slots 8 324714 18149)
 (floats 8 29 60)
 (intervals 56 339 0)
 (buffers 992 13))