Subject: Re: [bug#55369] [PATCH v2] gnu: Change OpenZFS home page to reflect new project ownership.

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 11:07:15 -0400

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> Not sure which home page would be the best (the general 
> cross-platform
> home page, or the Linux-specific home page), but I'd guess that 
> as
> someone interested in OpenZFS you would know the best here. 
> Summarised: maybe keep the patch?

I’m extremely comfortable leaving this up to project leads, 
depending on what they think is most useful for the overall user 
base. My thinking on the subject is that the proposed URL is, in 
general, more useful than the previous one for finding 
information, aligns with the repository name (and should raise 
fewer eyebrows as a result), and who knows, maybe some day ZFS is 
ported to GNU Hurd so the Linux focus would be less 
appropriate. ;)

But right now this is Linux specific, so pointing at Linux 
specific resources also makes sense.

-bjc