Subject: Re: [bug#55369] [PATCH v2 1/2] gnu: zfs: Use new package style.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 21:33:23 +0200

Brian Cully via Guix-patches via schreef op wo 11-05-2022 om 11:43 [-
0400]:
> [inputs]: Remove labels.

Nice.

> ---
> This patch replaces ungexp'd package references with
> (search-input-file …) and puts ‘util-linux’ back in the inputs.

The uses of 'search-input-file' look good to me at first sight.
One additional nitpick:

> +                      (string-append "--with-linux="
> +                                     (assoc-ref inputs "linux-
module-builder")
> +                                     "/lib/modules/build"))))

You can remove an input label here as well, try 'search-input-
directory' (untested):

(string-append "--with-linux="
  ;; provided by 'linux-module-build-system'
  (search-input-directory inputs "lib/modules/build"))

Greetings,
Maxime.