Subject: bug#5535: 24.0.91, emacs daemon high CPU load and .xsession-errors overflow

From: Sascha Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:57:05 +0100

Hi *,

I'm suffering from the same problem and it is still very bad with
current builds:

- the emacs in daemon mode takes up 100% CPU
- in addition the .xsession-errors is polluted with billions of lines
  only containing "Back to top level." -- this is even worse than the
  CPU usage as it fills up the disk space with megs and gigs of useless
  messages within minutes...

Any Ideas why this is?  Dirk-Jan mentioned erc, which I'm using, too.
But basically I wonder if it wouldn't help (and might be a good idea in
general) to mute the "Back to top level." Message completely for non
interactive use?

cheers
sascha
-- 
Sascha Wilde
Hauptfunktion einer GUI ist es IMHO, die dadurch verlorene Zeit durch
einen höheren Spaß-Faktor zu kompensieren. Essentiell ein
Computerspiel.  --  Rainer Weikusat in d.c.o.u.d