Subject: [bug#55343] [PATCH 2/2] image: Add new efi32-raw format for 32bit UEFI on 64bit systems

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 11:32:52 +0200

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli schreef op di 10-05-2022 om 01:24 [+0200]:
> +           ((#:configure-flags flags
> +             ''()) `(cons* ,(cond ((target-x86?) "--target=i386")
> +                                  ((target-arm?) "--target=arm"))
> +                           ,flags)))))))

Isn't this just grub but compiled for the 32-bit variant of the system?
If so, can we reuse Guix built-in cross-compilation and native
compilation mechanisms here?  Maybe

  (list #:target "i386")

or

  (list #:target "i686-linux-gnu") ; if i386 is invalid

or

  (list #:system "i686-linux)

or

  (list #:system "i586-gnu")

Or do you mean to use 'grub' as a cross-compiler here (instead of
something that is being cross-compiled), like 'gcc'?

Greetings,
Maxime