Subject: [PATCH Shepherd 0/3] Endpoints for inetd services + IPv6-only endpoints

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 16:06:42 +0200

Hi!

Here’s a couple of changes to the Shepherd addressing the concerns
Chris raised in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55335>:

  • ‘make-inetd-constructor’ now accepts a list of endpoints, like
    ‘make-systemd-constructor’, instead of a single address.

  • AF_INET6 endpoints are now interpreted as IPv6-only.

I’ve pushed this in the Shepherd repo as ‘wip-inetd-ipv6’.  You’re
welcome to test that branch in Guix System VMs or something.

Lemme know what you think!  If it’s good, we can merge it and
release the Shepherd 0.9.1 with this and other fixes that have
accumulated.

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  service: 'make-inetd-constructor' accepts a list of endpoints.
  tests: Update inetd tests to pass a list of endpoints.
  Interpret AF_INET6 endpoints as IPv6-only.

 NEWS                           |  24 +++
 configure.ac                   |  12 ++
 doc/shepherd.texi              |  68 ++++----
 modules/shepherd/service.scm   | 274 +++++++++++++++++----------------
 modules/shepherd/system.scm.in |  11 ++
 tests/inetd.sh                 |  71 ++++++++-
 6 files changed, 294 insertions(+), 166 deletions(-)

base-commit: 05f169e896ea6520a8daebee68e5844e605526c4
-- 
2.36.0