Subject: bug#55330: 29.0.50; Fix AUCTeX entry in FAQ For MS Windows

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 08:42:58 +0200

Hi all,

AUCTeX project isn't providing pre-compiled versions for Windows
anymore.  So I suggest this change to efaq-win32.texi:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff --git a/doc/misc/efaq-w32.texi b/doc/misc/efaq-w32.texi
index 8dcdb121ab..960c2f87da 100644
--- a/doc/misc/efaq-w32.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/efaq-w32.texi
@@ -1754,10 +1754,9 @@ AUCTeX

 AUCTeX is an Emacs package for writing LaTeX files, which also
 includes preview-latex, an Emacs mode for previewing the formatted
-contents of LaTeX documents.  Pre-compiled versions for Windows are
-available from
-@uref{https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html, the
-AUCTeX site}.
+contents of LaTeX documents.  AUCTeX is available from
+@uref{https://elpa.gnu.org, GNU ELPA} and can be installed with the
+command @kbd{M-x list-packages}.

 @node Spell check
 @section How do I perform spell checks?
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best, Arash