Subject: bug#55322: 28.1; :base-uri not working for svg images on mac

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:17:03 +0100

On Mon, May 09, 2022 at 09:43:45PM -0400, Howard Melman wrote:
> 
> > On May 9, 2022, at 5:42 PM, Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > Try messing with the base-uri, perhaps try setting it to the
> > directory, or to foo.svg or something.
> 
> I had tried using a directory as :base-uri but that didn't help.

Hmm, I tried looking at the librsvg source to see if I could work out
whether there's anything funny going on, but it's in rust and I don't
understand it, so that didn't help at all. I'm pretty much stumped. If
I get a chance I'll see if I can dig the Mac out and see if I can
reproduce it.

> > My first guess would be that if it's working on GNU/Linux but not
> > macOS is that there might be a difference in the version of librsvg.
> > The way Emacs handles SVG files on both is pretty much identical
> > afaik, so any difference is likely to be down to librsvg.
> 
> Hmmm, so I got the latest version from https://emacsformacosx.com/
> and that doesn't seem to support svg at all (any more?).  I'll have
> to look into it more or learn to build my own on mac.

Maybe try Jim's builds:

    https://github.com/jimeh/emacs-builds

I know SVG was working on them recently.
-- 
Alan Third