Subject: 29.0.50; Bug with the mode-line and pixel-scroll-precision-mode

From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 11:54:16 +0200

Make an init file just containing the lines:

(pixel-scroll-precision-mode)
(setq-default mode-line-format nil)
 
Open the app, and any file. Do C-x 2. If I scroll upwards in the inactive pane, using the mouse wheel, then pixel-scroll-precision-mode does not work. 

Konrad

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.4.0, NS appkit-2113.40 Version 12.3.1 (Build 21E258))
 of 2022-05-07 built on iMac-von-Konrad
Repository revision: 2fe4523518db061067b62b004e619e91653bb36a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2113
System Description:  macOS 12.3.1

Configured using:
 'configure --with-webp=no'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GLIB GNUTLS JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX/PS

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tex-bar toolbar-x flyspell ispell noutline outline dbus xml font-latex
latex easy-mmode edmacro kmacro latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake
project warnings thingatpt tex-ispell tex-style tex crm texmathp
tex-mode shell pcomplete latexenc
/Users/konradpodczeck/Library/emacs28-nc/sizes1 pdf-tools compile comint
ansi-color ring cus-edit cus-load wid-edit pdf-view bookmark
text-property-search pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
format-spec pdf-macs image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif saveplace
tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 153597 9153)
 (symbols 48 15493 1)
 (strings 32 50461 2518)
 (string-bytes 1 1496324)
 (vectors 16 28504)
 (vector-slots 8 357197 11889)
 (floats 8 106 73)
 (intervals 56 435 0)
 (buffers 992 12))