Subject: bug#55284: 28.1; TODO Mode - Unable to operate if `calendar-date-style' is set to 'iso

From: Christos Ballas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 00:01:37 +0100

Starting from emacs -q
(setq calendar-date-style 'iso)
M-x todo-show -> Test -> Test
In the newly constructed buffer type "i i Test2<enter>"
Emacs will now hang until you type "C-g"

In GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 52, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2022-04-04 built on AVALON
Repository revision: 5a223c7f2ef4c31abbd46367b6ea83cd19d30aa7
Repository branch: heads/emacs-28.1
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19043
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.19043.1645)

Configured using:
  'configure --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
  --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENG
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Todo

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   visual-line-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
cl-print time-stamp cl-extra seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
time-date subr-x thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode todo-mode
cl-loaddefs cl-lib diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 76843 9177)
  (symbols 48 7960 1)
  (strings 32 27028 1585)
  (string-bytes 1 869841)
  (vectors 16 16123)
  (vector-slots 8 256973 11816)
  (floats 8 32 236)
  (intervals 56 477 0)
  (buffers 992 14))