Subject: bug#55278: 29.0.50; OSM package

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 14:38:18 -0400

I did M-x osm-search RET London RET
just after starting the package, and I got an error
that function json-parse-string is undefined.

None pf the Lisp sources in my checkout defines that function.
Is it in some ELPA package?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-04-13 built on freetop
Repository revision: ed6237e039e6fb51229054d0fce74df074903f19
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Nabia (10.0)

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK2
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-element avl-tree ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range wid-edit ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex
iso8601 ol rx org-keys oc org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
ispell cl-extra cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs help-fns
radix-tree cl-print debug backtrace find-func etags fileloop generator
xref project mule-util unrmail epa-mail rmailsum jka-compr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg xml dom rmailkwd
rmailout qp mailalias shell pcomplete thingatpt files-x grep compile
comint ansi-color ring misearch multi-isearch quail help-mode dabbrev
rmailmm message sendmail yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view
derived advice finder-inf package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 810373 84371)
 (symbols 48 35124 37)
 (strings 32 115214 8073)
 (string-bytes 1 3031048)
 (vectors 16 74948)
 (vector-slots 8 1703386 84678)
 (floats 8 278 443)
 (intervals 56 100719 2724)
 (buffers 992 83))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)