Subject: Re: bug#55277: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 21:31:44 +0300

> From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:45:50 -0700
> 
> I did a completely fresh install.

What do you mean by that?  Do you mean that you have built Emacs anew
after updating from the upstream Git repository, and then installed
the new Emacs you've built?

> I noticed under
> ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.50-a2ce0d0a there are only two files
> 
> subr--trampoline-61626f72742d7265637572736976652d65646974_abort_recursive_edit_0.eln
> subr--trampoline-746f702d6c6576656c_top_level_0.eln

This is expected, I think.  Assuming you indeed built a new version of
Emacs, the *.eln files produced during the build are not installed
under ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/.

So I don't necessarily see any sign of a problem in your report.  Did
I miss something?