Subject: bug#55277: closed (Re: bug#55277: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 16:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#55277: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55277: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55277
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#55277: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 18:58:58 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:10:43 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Thank you Eli for all your help.
> 
> I pulled the latest commit (1cda7cfb390c9612caf73e977d64d9e0eff5735c) this morning and everything is
> working fine again.
> 
> To answer your question, to the best of my recollection, the previous build did not spawn
> "*Async-native-compile-log*".

Thanks for telling us.  So I'm closing this bug report.

Subject: 29.0.50; Commit 8fce81897d no longer generates eln files
From: Kun Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:45:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I did a completely fresh install. I noticed under
~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/29.0.50-a2ce0d0a there are only two files

subr--trampoline-61626f72742d7265637572736976652d65646974_abort_recursive_edit_0.eln
subr--trampoline-746f702d6c6576656c_top_level_0.eln

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24,
cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-05 built on debian
Repository revision: 8fce81897dabe9c06f7b3f59cfb0bb9348422531
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  engine-mode: t
  org-super-agenda-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  cscope-minor-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-message hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-message
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-draft hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-draft
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-wash hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-wash
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-mua hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-mua
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-jump hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-jump
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-address hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-address
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-show hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-show
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-tree hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tree
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-maildir-fcc hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-maildir-fcc
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-crypto hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-crypto
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-query hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-query
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-tag hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-tag
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-compat hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-compat
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-company hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-company
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-hello hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-hello
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-parser hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-parser
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-lib hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-lib
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/coolj hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/coolj
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/notmuch-20220226.1200/notmuch-print hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/notmuch-print
/home/kun/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220503.1118/transient hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug apropos counsel swiper ivy delsel
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color misearch multi-isearch pcmpl-unix
origami origami-parsers cl artist picture reporter vc-git org-eldoc
org-superstar cl-extra help-mode ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop xref company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-clang company-semantic company-css
company-nxml company-bbdb company-gtags company-template ob-calc
calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
ob-python python-el-fgallina-expansions python ob-ditaa ob-plantuml
zenburn-theme company server diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher engine-mode org-super-agenda ts ht s dash org-habit
org-agenda org-refile the-org-mode-expansions org-element avl-tree
generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom avy notmuch notmuch-tree
notmuch-jump notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto
notmuch-mua notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-address notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash diff-mode
coolj notmuch-query goto-addr icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib
notmuch-version notmuch-compat pcase hl-line message sendmail yank-media
rmc rfc822 mml mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mm-view
mml-smime mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util smime
gnutls puny dig mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func
cedet pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view bookmark
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif xcscope easy-mmode flymake-proc flymake project
compile text-property-search warnings thingatpt tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec winner ring desktop frameset ido icomplete
follow finder-inf rx info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1157095 607021)
 (symbols 48 43548 12)
 (strings 32 238872 112544)
 (string-bytes 1 8940653)
 (vectors 16 74646)
 (vector-slots 8 959727 357487)
 (floats 8 474 778)
 (intervals 56 70416 15362)
 (buffers 992 16))