Subject: bug#55267: 29.0.50; Provide customization to save project-find-file arg to savehist

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 08:54:39 +0530

[Feature request] I use project feature of emacs. And I feel that there is a need for a
customization variable like "project-savehist-enable". When value is
"t", save the files opened with "project-find-file" into savehist.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-05 built on anant
Repository revision: 5784533cb6e1fe5edf4d5f6c24c02ab8ef5be732
Repository branch: master
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/pankaj/.local --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  company-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/pankaj/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220503.1118/transient hides /home/pankaj/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr shortdoc help-fns emacsbug
autoload radix-tree diary-lib diary-loaddefs sql view dockerfile-mode
sh-script smie executable markdown-mode conf-mode ol-eww eww xdg
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file url-dired svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi yaml-mode mule-util jka-compr tramp-cache prettier nvm f s
iter2 js vc-git checkdoc company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company flymake-proc flymake elec-pair
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch init
my-init org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs ob-python python ob-R ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table
oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs warnings sesman vc vc-dispatcher
clojure-mode lisp-mnt align thingatpt editorconfig tree-sitter-langs
tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode tree-sitter-hl
tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get
dired-aux tsc-obsolete gtags-mode xref project which-key vterm
magit-bookmark bookmark tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
cus-edit pp wid-edit files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
face-remap compile color term disp-table ehelp find-func vterm-module
term/xterm xterm magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode git-commit rx
log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell
pcomplete comint ring server ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-base magit-section format-spec crm dash compat-27 compat-26 compat
exec-path-from-shell bbdb-message message sendmail yank-media rmc puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader bbdb bbdb-site
timezone edmacro kmacro modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes pcase delight
cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core hl-line savehist desktop frameset avoid cus-load
finder-inf tex-site info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq gv subr-x
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
simple cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 706707 35589)
 (symbols 48 49850 1)
 (strings 32 197900 6452)
 (string-bytes 1 6185931)
 (vectors 16 88510)
 (vector-slots 8 1746492 208908)
 (floats 8 556 53)
 (intervals 56 1933 43)
 (buffers 992 96))