Subject: bug#55253: nginx-rtmp-module not compatible with nginx

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 01:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 May 2022, Jack Hill wrote:

> X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]
>
> Hi Guix,
>
> nginx currently (Guix commit b80ca672de936a76368de6e6ea0b28505e74d420) fails 
> to load the nginx-rtmp-module build from the same Guix commit with the 
> following message:
>
> [emerg] 3823#0: module 
> "/gnu/store/qnk6k7wa25w0bk5v8fb6iv524imlm58s-nginx-rtmp-module-1.2.2/etc/nginx/modules/ngx_rtmp_module.so" 
> is not binary compatible in 
> /gnu/store/mz0bck7ha0iqgi1bv4k14b36ycs3bz6k-nginx.conf:1
>
> I wonder if this problem was introduced with the recent nginx changes (e.g. 
> a14c6352662bfa6715ec70b3d280a6d1d599ad0c)
>
> Best,
> Jack

The problem seems to actually have been introduced with 
c9ce02ecff769449bb79f9f0db33c69e2c7564f0 "nginx: Respect 
#:configure-flags". I suspect that now that the #:configure-flags are 
being respected they've gotten out of sync with nginx-rtmp-module (which 
probably only worked by change before). The likely solution is to find a 
way to re-use the #:configure-flags from the nginx package.

Best,
Jack