Subject: bug#55249: `guix pull` crash

From: Nathan Wilcox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:44:19 -0700

Hi,

I just started using guix and have only used `guix pull` and `guix search`
so far. I used `guix pull` successfully a few days ago, and decided to
rerun it today to see if it takes less time, and it resulted in a
stacktrace (attached).

This is a foreign-distro install on Debian 10 Buster. It's running inside a
'crostini' lxc vm built into ChromeOS.

Also, while I'm here, I read about `guix shell` and it was the primary
motivation for me to install since I wanted to do a project-specific
dependency configuration, but after following the instructions in [1]
running `guix shell` says `guix: shell: command not found`. I have tried
`guix search` with various patterns (`shell`, `guix.*shell`, etc…) but I
haven't been able to find out how to install it. Furthermore [1] introduces
it, so I am confused if I missed some critical setup step, even though I
followed the install section. Any advice?

links:
[1]  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Installation.html

-- 

Nathan Wilcox

Chief Research Officer

[email-masked] | @least_nathan <https://twitter.com/least_nathan>