Subject: bug#55244: Bug Report: guix pull

From: Frederic Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 12:17:59 +0200

guix pull failed with a message instructing me to send its output to 
this email address. I had not booted that machine since January and this 
was the first time running guix pull after adding guix-science to 
channels.scm (by copying the snippet from 
https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science into the list expression).

ich@fredi:~$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 654f878 (4,798 new 
commits)...
Updating channel 'nonguix' from Git repository at 
'https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix'...
Authenticating channel 'nonguix', commits 897c1a4 to 176f36d (75 new 
commits)...
Updating channel 'guix-science' from Git repository at 
'https://github.com/guix-science/guix-science.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix-science', commits b1fe5aa to fa1bc63 (103 
new commits)...
Building from these channels:
   guix-sciencehttps://github.com/guix-science/guix-science.git	fa1bc63
   nonguix   https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix	176f36d
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	654f878
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
building 
/gnu/store/ifn2582pdjk8rkxnbgcqxaxydzkii38x-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/vc5hf8irlcs1dqwran7bdwnzq3pm611v-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/pp4cc9jpa7cvwav7qdssp961kh97r8k8-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/h6hpba22c05w5in06apf2kjl8nq12zsa-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/0771q3y64sm7banjl2hiriyi8idm1cx4-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -Backtrace:
           14 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/nj6pmf2sr3yy2kqcg8cxv7n9mihhs9zs-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 13 (_ _)
     159:9 12 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2129:24  9 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fd9153ae140> 
#<procedure 7fd8fc18c780 at ./guix/self.scm:12?> ?)
    1966:8  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd9153ae140>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    300:22  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd9153ae140>)
    1181:2  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd90858fd20>)
    1047:2  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd90858fd20>)
     893:4  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd90858fd20>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2014:12  3 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd90858fd20>)
    1406:5  2 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7fd90858fd20> #<procedure 7fd9051b1c80 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1421:15  1 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fd90858fd20> 
("/gnu/store/gcvv1i5shqmkd6x1pjwjdrvr7z4lb5ss-guile-ssh-?" ?) ?)
   1421:15  0 (loop #f)

./guix/store.scm:1421:15: In procedure loop:
ERROR:
   1. &store-protocol-error:
       message: 
"`/gnu/store/g9yib2canswa3znylbcm4hdng2w9yq09-guix-1.3.0-17.2a49ddb/bin/guix 
substitute' died unexpectedly"
       status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/nj6pmf2sr3yy2kqcg8cxv7n9mihhs9zs-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"654f878f0b9d2136affa3e3d32da1639e6942a54"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "01ec5efff7cf95cae69493bd4ccfdd21a38770ae"; pull-version: 
1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

----------------------
Cheers!