Subject: [bug#55242] [PATCH 01/10] guix: import: Print the number of packages at the end.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 09:15:34 +0200

> > That said, like "guix build" has a "--keep-going" option to
> temporarily
> > ignore to some degree packages that fail to build, maybe "guix
> import"
> > (when using --recursive) can have a "--keep-going" option.
> 
> 
> ok, i'll look into putting this feature behind a CLI argument, and
> generalize it to all importers. as time allows i'll get back to the
> rest of the questions/suggestions, too.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously, but it looks like some
patches are uncontroversial and usable mostly as-is (e.g. 04/10 without
the logging, 02/10, 05/10 with verifying types, 06/10 without the
overly-general false-if-exception and logging, 9/10, 10/10, 04/10). So
you could try the non-controversial bits first and then see if some
kind of consensus or such could be found for the remainder.

Greetings,
Maxime.