Subject: Re: bug#55236: 29.0.50; Surprising behaviors with Eshell expansions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 18:24:45 +0200

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The highest-risk patch is the second one, since it converts
>> multi-line numeric output from subcommands into a list of
>> numbers. However, this helps a lot in fixing some of the problems in
>> the third issue (concatenating expansions), and I think it's more
>> consistent overall than before. However, it could make sense to
>> provide a defcustom to opt out of the behavior if people think that
>> would be helpful.

I guess it makes sense to wait to see whether anybody requests a
defcustom before adding it here.

> Spelling is hard. I fixed a typo in the documentation for the second
> patch (`eshell-convert-numeric-agument' ->
> `eshell-convert-numeric-arguments').

Thanks; pushed to Emacs 29.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no