Subject: bug#55232: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2025 18:01:04 +0000

Your bug report

#55232: failed to compute the derivation for Guix

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
55232: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=55232
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2025 19:59:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing, as a probably transient network failure.

Andreas

Subject: failed to compute the derivation for Guix
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 23:04:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Guix community,

I was trying to install guix package manager on a "foreign distribution",
in particular Ubuntu 20.04 under WSL2 (Windows).

WSL is not a normal linux distribution (the kernel and the init file are
shipped by Microsoft), but despite this I was able to complete the setup
using the script on guix website. The deamon must be started manually, but
this is a minor issue.
The issue comes when I try to execute "guix pull" (both from standard user
and root).  compute-guix-derivation fails complaining for a bug...
Here below the output to terminal

user@PP423:~$ guix pull
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales'
package and defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-utf8-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 6b588da (18,157 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   6b588da
 glibc-2.33  8.2MiB

 1.8MiB/s 00:05 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.8  569KiB

 3.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gcc-10.3.0-lib  4.6MiB

  96KiB/s 00:49 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.8  570KiB

 1.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 bzip2-1.0.8  55KiB

 140.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 expat-2.4.1  97KiB

 276KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gmp-6.2.1  571KiB

  2.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 http-parser-2.9.4-1.ec8b5ee  18KiB

 170KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libffi-3.3  51KiB

  246KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.0.4  214KiB

  1.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgpg-error-1.42  213KiB

  1.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libtasn1-4.17.0  102KiB

  331KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgcrypt-1.8.8  499KiB

  1.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-0.9.10  492KiB

  1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 ncurses-6.2.20210619  634KiB

 1.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libidn2-2.3.1  138KiB

343.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 nettle-3.7.3  369KiB

 1.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 nghttp2-1.44.0-lib  92KiB

  761KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 openssl-1.1.1l  1.8MiB

 3.1MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 p11-kit-0.23.22  433KiB

 1.42GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 mit-krb5-1.19.2  1.0MiB

  7.0MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB

  965KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 readline-8.1.1  409KiB

 788KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.7  6.9MiB

  4.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 zlib-1.2.11  77KiB

 171KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gnutls-3.7.2  1.8MiB

13.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libssh-0.9.6  237KiB

 1.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 curl-7.79.1  377KiB

  1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gnutls-3.7.2-debug  4.4MiB

 3.8MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 git-minimal-2.36.0  4.2MiB

 3.9MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-ssh-0.15.1  213KiB

 1.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libssh2-1.9.0  220KiB

  1.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-ssh-0.15.1-debug  238KiB

 817KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 pcre2-10.37  1.1MiB

  5.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libgit2-1.3.0  624KiB

  3.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-git-0.5.2  416KiB

   12KiB/s 00:36 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 graphviz-2.49.0-doc  2.0MiB

 2.88GiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 binutils-2.37  5.0MiB

   92KiB/s 00:56 [##################] 100.0%
 bzip2-1.0.8  55KiB

 108KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 coreutils-8.32  2.4MiB

 4.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 coreutils-minimal-8.32  2.6MiB

 1.3MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 file-5.39  279KiB

  908KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 font-dejavu-2.37  2.3MiB

14.5MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 fribidi-1.0.9  75KiB

 685KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 gdbm-1.20  191KiB

  891KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.33-static  1.4MiB

  6.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-utf8-locales-2.33  808KiB

  8.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 graphite2-1.3.13  97KiB

  873KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 grep-3.6  245KiB

  16KiB/s 00:15 [##################] 100.0%
 icu4c-69.1  10.5MiB

  116KiB/s 00:58 [###########       ]  62.2%Backtrace:
          16 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/lfjnz6id1jaizirca0hysrnsz5ab87h6-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 15 (_ _)
    159:9 14 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?)
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2129:24 11 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6428db280> _
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
   1966:8 10 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   300:22  9 (_ _)
   1181:2  8 (_ _)
   1047:2  7 (_ _)
    893:4  6 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2014:12  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6447a0460>)
  1410:13  4 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6447a0460>
#<procedure 7fc64082f180 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1406:5  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6447a0460>
#<procedure 7fc629da8f20 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1421:15  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6447a0460> _ _)
   733:11  1 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7fc6447a0460> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
     80:6  0 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)

./guix/serialization.scm:80:6: In procedure read-int:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/lfjnz6id1jaizirca0hysrnsz5ab87h6-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"6b588da368c77cde82ea2f22ca315116228777ad"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).