Subject: [bug#55231] [PATCH v3 2/2] doc: ‘initrd-modules’ will search ‘kernel-loadable-modules’.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 14:05:50 +0200

Brian Cully schreef op za 18-06-2022 om 19:11 [-0400]:
> So, simply using ZFS in ‘kernel-loadable-modules’ would be enough 
> to trigger this misbehavior? That sounds like a pretty serious 
> issue. Would it be possible to have the substitute servers filter 
> on the #:substitutable flag?

That's exactly what the #:substitutable flag is for (IIUC)!
However, the problem is that currently, that flag isn't set for
derivations that make a copy of the ZFS module.  As I wrote previously:

> > and IIUC, the code inside expression->initrd copies the kernel
> > module into the new store item,

> This is getting out of scope, though. I don't really want this 
> patch to go in without /some/ documentation regarding how modules 
> get looked up, so if anyone has an alternate module and use-case, 
> I'll just swap it in for the ZFS one.

I don't have any.

Greetings,
Maxime.