Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/8] The Full Source Bootstrap

From: "Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 20:21:05 +0200

About a year ago we cheered something like:  WE DID IT!!!

Today I am very excited to finally have released GNU Mes 0.24 which supports
the Full Source Bootstrap.  So we did what?  As Carl Dong once so eloquently
put it

   The holy grail of bootstrappability will be connecting mes to hex0

which is exactly what this patch series brings.

Starting from an 357-byte hex0 provided by the new bootstrap-seeds package,
the new stage0-posix package builds hex0, kaem, hex1, catm, hex2, M0, cc_x86,
M1, M2, get_machine, (mescc-tools), and M2-Planet.  The 0.24 release of Mes
can now be built using this M2-Planet.

This means that the bootstrap binaries that were added as part of the Reduced
Binary Seed Bootstrap (see
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/guix-further-reduces-bootstrap-seed-to-25):
%bootstrap-mescc-tools, %bootstrap-mes, are now removed again.

Greetings,
Janneke

Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen (8):
  commencement: Add bootstrap-seeds.
  commencement: Add stage0-posix.
  commencement: mes-boot: Update to 0.24, build with M2-Planet.
  commencement: tcc-boot0: Use NYACC-1.00.2.
  commencement: tcc-boot0: Update to 0.9.26-1136-g0fbeb2dd.
  bootstrap: Remove %bootstrap-mescc-tools, %bootstrap-mes.
  commencement: Remove %bootstrap-mes-rewired.
  doc: Add the "Full Source Bootstrap".

 doc/guix.texi                          |  77 +++---
 doc/images/gcc-core-mesboot0-graph.dot | 187 ++++++-------
 gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm             |   4 +-
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm          | 355 ++++++++++++++-----------
 4 files changed, 315 insertions(+), 308 deletions(-)

-- 
2.35.1