Subject: Re: bug#55205: 28.1.50; completion--replace illegally mutates completion candidates

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:57:06 +0200

On 5/2/22 18:53, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 18:48:47 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
>>
>> But in this case, having the expectation is justified
> 
> Why is it justified in this case?  How is this case different from any
> other case?

I am sure that Stefan can give you a more qualified answer than I can. I
also don't see a point in this discussion. What is your argument? Do you
want to prove me wrong about the issue? The issue has been fixed
properly and satisfactorily by Stefan. If you wish, feel free to close
the issue if it hasn't been closed already.

You say that you don't have a deep understanding of the completion
machinery. Well, Stefan has. And I also claim an understanding to some
lesser extent. Why not trust these judgments?

Daniel