Subject: Re: bug#55204: [PATCH v2] 29.0.50; Improve quoting consistency in Eshell predicates/modifiers

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 20:22:43 +0200

Jim Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've also moved a stray Eshell entry from the "Lisp Changes" section
> into the Eshell subsection of "Changes in Specialized Modes". It was
> more of a user-facing change, so it's probably best to put it there
> alongside all the other similar changes (I added a pointer to the
> manual section too).

Thanks; looks good.  But this leads to a couple of test failures, like
the one below.  (Note -- this doesn't fail when "make eshell-tests", but
with "make check".)

Test eshell-test/redirect-buffer backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (buffer-string) "hi")) :form
  ert-fail(((should (equal (buffer-string) "hi")) :form (equal "" "hi"
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0xb0e2b90f44d2f2e>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name eshell-test/redirect-buffer :document
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not ...) :tests [... 
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/eshell/eshell-tests"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test eshell-test/redirect-buffer condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (equal
	(buffer-string)
	"hi"))
      :form
      (equal "" "hi")
      :value nil :explanation
      (arrays-of-different-length 0 2 "" "hi" first-mismatch-at 0)))
   FAILED  19/25  eshell-test/redirect-buffer (0.001028 sec) at lisp/eshell/eshell-tests.el:117
Test eshell-test/redirect-buffer-escaped backtrace:

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no