Subject: bug#55192: 13.1.3; aspell does not work in AUCTeX buffer

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 12:25:52 +0200

Hi Uwe,

"Uwe Siart" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 1 May 2022 at 14:07, Ikumi Keita wrote:
>
>> All these issues are on windows, so I guess something is broken in the
>> implementation of "tex mode" of ispell which only appears on windows. In
>> the thread [3], Brian told me that
>> > It seems to work if line 4084 of ispell.el is commented:
>> >       ;;     (ispell-send-string "+\n")    ; set ispell mode to tex
>> ... oh I realized now that he sent this message as private reply, not as
>> group reply, so this information wasn't recorded in the archive...
>
> I can confirm that commenting this line in ispell.el also helps in my 
> case. Meanwhile (in the Emacs 28.1 release) it's line 4056.

IIUC the only place where the error can occur is in the function
`ispell-accept-output'.  Maybe you can Edebug the function, trigger the
issue and see what's going wrong.  The question is if this an ispell.el
issue, then we can assign your report to Emacs, otherwise maybe to
aspell itself.

Best, Arash