Subject: Re: bug#55169: Can't combine window-min-height with window-height

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:41:40 +0200

> It would be nice to add just a small example of a lambda with more args
 > for fit-window-to-buffer or shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer.

Maybe show the code you intend to use and how the user could override it
with 'shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer' in 'display-buffer-alist'.

 > You found another function shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer.
 > Then it would be better not to limit only to these two.

OK.

 >>> BTW, fit-window-to-buffer has also other arguments: MAX-WIDTH and MIN-WIDTH.
 >>> Would they be useful for a window-width entry?
 >>
 >> Maybe.  But let's talk about MAX-HEIGHT first.
 >
 > Maybe MAX-WIDTH is not needed after all, as much as MAX-HEIGHT.

Currently, we don't have to bother anyway.  The only client of this is
'display-buffer-below-selected' and that hardly produces a horizontal
combination.

 > Thanks, I'll test it.  Does it need more args from fit-window-to-buffer?

None that I know of.

martin