Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-sanityinc-tomorrow.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 20:47:05 +0200

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, dem 28.04.2022 um 14:26 +0300 schrieb Adam Kandur:
> [...]
> +    (synopsis "A set of comprehensive Emacs color themes based on
> Chris Kempson's 'tomorrow' themes")
Pretty long synopsis, don't you think?  Also note that "A" and "The"
are usually frowned upon at the start of a synopsis.
> +    (description
> +     "An Emacs version of Chris Kempson's 'Tomorrow' themes,with
> much
> +more extensive face definitions than the 'official' Emacs variant.
> +The themes work with both the built-in theming support in recent
> Emacsen,
> +and via the traditional color-theme.el add-on library in older
> versions,
> +so use whichever you prefer.")
Note that Guix doesn't have "Chris Kempson's 'Tomorrow' themes", at
least not the version this package is referring to.  We do have base16-
themes, which have an updated version of tomorrow for comparison.
Also, the description should consist of full sentence.  The usual
workaround here is "This package provides [...]", but you can more or
less feel free to do whatever as long as it's actually describing the
package and not marketing it instead.  For instance, "SanityInc
Tomorrow provides variations of Chris Kempson's Tomorrow theme (which
themselves are distributed as part of @code{emacs-base16-themes}) with
[distinctive features]".

Cheers